Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 51

I woke up early and walked up the hill in the dark with my flashlight, just as I had returned home last night. I got to the top of the hill by 6:30, but no one else was there: not a good sign.Luckily, I brought Prodigal Summer which I am inhaling. Soon enough others started showing up for the 7am bus. A whole string of ants was carrying leaf parts from those trees way off in the distance to their hills here at the bus stop, which was happy entertainment for everyone.

Today I discovered the absolute joy of walking into town while reading. While it might have taken me longer technically, the walk went by so quickly! Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, which made it all the more interesting. I haven’t seen anyone here reading anything but the paper. They must do their reading at home.

I got in touch with Jon right away and we decided to try and make it work. After spending the entire morning and much of the afternoon on the phone with the airline companies I found a reasonable ticket change. Oh my goodness, I had no idea that ticket prices changed on a second to second basis! Jon bought his ticket to come here… he leaves in only two days… I’m so excited!!!

Such beautiful light at the end of this brief tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment